Please check to see if any current vacancies match your skills, experience, interests and qualifications.
At ASM, we say 'difference makes the difference'. Learn more about Diversity at ASM
Duties and Responsibilities
Experience in developing and implementation of sourcing and commodity strategies to achieve main business goals.
Formulate negotiation strategy to proactively drive cost reduction with suppliers in a complex, high mix / low volume environment to meet strategic, operational and financial performance targets.
Support the negotiation of complex agreements with suppliers encompassing key program specifications and functional objectives.
Identify, develop, and manage Supplier business relationships.
Manage and measure the overall performance of the supplier against the Supplier KPI Scorecard including but not limit to Cost reduction and leadtime target.
Work effectively with internal stakeholders cross functionally and cross regionally as well as external partnership critical to meeting objectives.
Manage day-to-day activities including but not limit to RFQ on selected commodities, Lead time reduction, Supplier consolidation and Supplier issues resolution.
Experience with hardwares, mechanical assembly and electro-mechanical parts will be advantageous.
Diploma / Degree in Engineering, Business or its equivalent with 5 to 8 years’ experience in Procurement & Commodity Sourcing.
Demonstrated the ability to implement commodity sourcing strategies.
Strong in negotiation, problem solving skills and ability to work under stress
Able to build relationships internally and externally and in conflict resolution.
Familiar with Outsourcing/Contract Manufacturing and experience working with Contract Manufacturer an added advantage.
Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and data analysis using Excel a pre-requisite.
Passion in procurement with desire to get job well done
Job Title: NPI Materials Manager
ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing. We deliver
innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We are a dynamic,
growing company and provide ground breaking solutions that are helping to make semiconductor devices
smaller, faster and more powerful.
ASM International NV is headquartered in the Netherlands. Our over 1,700 employees are based in 14
countries, including the United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. We benefit from this
diverse perspective and the advantages of bringing together the best brains in the world to create new
breakthroughs, turning today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities.
ASM America is looking for a NPI Materials Manager in Cheonan, South Korea.
• 8-15 years of experience in supply chain or operations Responsible for driving sourcing strategies,
cost reductions and Business Unit alignment for new products.
• Will be focal for engineering and Business Unit for assigned products and must be able to manage
across multiple functional groups to achieve common goals.
• Must be able to break down and report on detailed costed Bills of Materials, align supply chain
strategies with Commodity Teams and align manufacturing strategies with Global Operations
Responsible for Supplier Selection to match the quality, delivery and cost goals
• Must be detailed oriented, have strong communication skills and be able to take initiative
• Semiconductor capital equipment experience is a plus.
• Performs opportunity analysis to identify projects that will deliver significant cost savings and value
• Makes financial and risk assessments for critical suppliers.
Position within the organization:
• Location: Cheonan, South Korea
• Reports to: Business Operations Senior Director
• Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance or other related fields is required
• MBA preferred
• APICS Certification, Lean Six Sigma Training, Negotiation certification or other Supply Chain related
programs a plus.
• Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience in a similar position.
• Experience in a Global work setting is preferable.
• Experience managing people or programs
• Semiconductor, capital equipment or related industry experience preferred
• Excel, PowerPoint and SAP experience required.
• Must be comfortable giving presentations.
• Supplier negotiations experience a must.
• Command of written and spoken English.
ASM is a public company traded on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. You can find more ASM
information and career opportunities on: www.asm.com
ASM is an equal opportunities employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply
to become a part of our organization
Reporting to the Change Control Manager, you will responsible for establishing and implementing business strategies with a longer term focus based on organisation vision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Install, configure, modify, and repair products, equipment and systems. Champion safety and quality.
• Identify and correct problems associated with start-up.
• Working independently
• Starts to demonstrate the ability to coach others and update or develop standard methods.
• Act as a resource for users on routine malfunctions. Interfaces with customer process engineer or experienced engineer level.
• Interaction with customer senior engineer and lower management level.
• Execute the escalation process as it has been drawn up.
• Is technically skilled and is L3 certified on at least 1 piece of ASM equipment.
• Can demonstrate specific examples of where they have identified improvements to ASM procedures and drove that to update and / or has developed BKMs.
• Have developed a good understanding of complex parts of the equipment including software, robotics, process.
• Use the eDoc system, without guidance, to correctly identify spare parts and documentation.
• Know when the system is likely in error. Know how to report the error and seek help finding the correct part.
Will support HVM tool I&Q and JEP, Tool retrofit Job
Success of JEP business and customer satisfaction
An ASM equipment expert supporting GSS interest globally by providing support plus solutions to field and customer personnel by remote problem diagnosis. Lead and manage the escalation process / team as the organizations escalation owner while mentoring co-workers. Ability to resolve 90% of issues.
Provide value, teamwork and specific data through ASM existing SOP’s to drive FSE efficiency, improve global tool performance, and provide solutions and BKM’s.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field (i.e. Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science) or equivalent technical training.
Associate's degree in technical field or equivalent technical training, and 8 years fab experience.
7 - 10 year’s experience in the electronic or semiconductor industry; 4 year’s experience at ASM or directly related experience. (i.e. ALD, PECVD, Epi, CVD, Diffusion)
present and drive resolution to both ASM and customer.