Please check to see if any current vacancies match your skills, experience, interests and qualifications.
At ASM, we say 'difference makes the difference'. Learn more about Diversity at ASM
Job Description: Spares Buyer
BS in Supply Chain Management or Business with specific course work in Purchasing/Materials or Finance Professional certification (CPM/CPIM) is desirable.
8-10 yrs. in Purchasing or Materials Management in a manufacturing environment. Experience in semiconductor industry is desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved. SAP knowledge a plus.
Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system
Experience with distribution type purchasing
Expertise in sub-contract sourcing
Excellent understanding of cost reduction and inventory management techniques
Excellent interpersonal, consultative and conflict resolution skills
Excellent organization and analytical skills
Ability to manage and direct suppliers and perform value analysis
Ability to multitask
Procure Spares materials and services
Work with global and regional planning to optimize materials
Insures complete, up-to-date, and accurate information is available on all key elements of purchasing activities, such as costs, forecasts, lead times, ROPs, MOQs, and market trends.
Manage assigned suppliers and purchasing activities.
Maintains, enforces, and encourages compliance by all purchasing personnel to established policies of ethical conduct in all relationships
Conduct on-going review of Alternate Sources of Supply
Interface with engineering, production control, quality control, manufacturing and finance
Assist manager as a change agent for the department
Identify purchasing risks and flag concerns
Follow up on problematic parts and services until they are received
Drive continuous improvement such as quality improvement, cost reduction, lead-time reduction, payment terms improvements etc.
Management of delivery dates and schedules
Maintain MRP and monitor exception messages
-. BS or MS degree in industrial engineering or related degree(s) preferred.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Communication Skills in both spoken and written English (OPIC Ranking > IM2)
- RF System
- Develope RF source and matcher
- Trouble shooting Related RF system
- Analyze chamber impedance
- Perform Electrical design
- Interface design Related RF system.
Responsible for direct purchasing
Responsible for materials on time delivery per production needs
Responsible for PO creation, issuance, confirmation, re-scheduling and cancellations
Manage supplies to meet production plans and customer demands
Proactively manage supplier delivery plans and customer demands
Ensure continuity of supplies in product transfers, as needed
Resolve issues on Vendor Invoice, Problematic GR and RTV
Review work methods for continuous improvement
Manage supplier relationships
Expediting suppliers and resolving supply issues with suppliers
Creatively manage supplest through forecast, safety stocks
Ensure supplier OTD performance
Working with cross-functional teams to close supply gaps
Ensure Purchasing processes are timely and accurate
Degree in Supply Chain/ Engineering or equivalent
At least 3 years relevant experience in a multinational and fast-paced manufacturing environment
Experience in purchasing process
Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and communication skills
Ability to lead a team can be considered for a team leader position
Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP systems, preferably SAP
External (Vendors, Suppliers, Customers, Clients)
1. Job Description
• Semiconductor Equipment Contol Software Development
- Scheduler Software
- Process Module Control Software
- Transfer Module Control Software
- Factory Automation - HSMS Protocol
- EDA(Equipment Data Acquitiotion) Software.
- RS232 or RS485 Serial Communication
- Device Net Communication
- Robot Control Software.
• Positive people who have a passion for things.
• Harmonious interpersonal relationship.
• Experience in Semiconductor Equipment Control Software Development.
• Ability of C# and C++ development tool.
• Experience in semiconductor production line, FAB(Fabrication).
• Experience in Factory Automation(SEMI E5, E30, E40, E84, E87, E90, E94).
• Experienced in MS Office such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Duties and Responsibilities (Incumbent having control and authority over job tasks which he/she is accountable for):
External (External here refers to Vendors, Suppliers, Customers, Clients)
Major Activities (Describe major activities handled by incumbent):
Reports to Director, Demand and Supply
Competencies (Required for acceptable performance of this position) :
Other Attributes (relevant to the job): Semiconductor Equipment or Semiconductor experience a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and administering overall Global Manufacturing Engineering Strategy and Execution
• Able to engage with different functions to execute the Engineering organization’s strategies seamlessly
• To reassess the team of manufacturing engineers and the current organization in terms of their responsibilities and how we can efficiently do MORE with LESS heads
• To revamp and create a new DFM strategy for GOPS (Global Operations), obtain buy in within GOPS and the BUs (Business Units) and to execute.
• To create an efficient/streamline engineering support structure to support Manufacturing/Quality, Procurement, Outsource Program and Contract Manufacturing
• To revamp current Change Control process
• Focus on CR (cost reduction) strategy and implementation by liaising with cross functional teams and BU
• Potential successor to the Senior Management position in DFM / DFX / NPI / MFG Engineering
• Minimal to moderate
• Exhibits effective leadership, analytical thinking; able to coach, mentor and counsel; committed to drive teams to meet business goals.
• Strong written, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent business acumen, maturity, credibility and intelligence
• Driven personality with discipline of ownership of responsibilities and independence
• Strong influencer to upkeep the team towards positive thinking
• Attention to detail
• Technical undergraduate degree or equivalent