Please check to see if any current vacancies match your skills, experience, interests and qualifications.
At ASM, we say 'difference makes the difference'. Learn more about Diversity at ASM
STANDARD EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS LEVEL
BS plus 7 years of experience or equivalent
MS plus 4 years experience or equivalent
BS degree in Computer Science with a minor in engineering, science or mathematics and 7 years of experience is preferred. An MS degree in Computer science and 4 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in engineering along with either a minor or equivalent in Computer Science and experience 4 years experience is required.
Five years of experience developing the following types of software:
Developing for Windows and Windows Embedded Operating Systems
Machine Control Systems
Experience in the following application areas is a plus:
Multi-threaded applications, real-time software, device drivers or other interrupt driven software
Graphical User Interfaces
Semiconductor Factory Automation
Data Communications and Networking
(An equivalent combination of education and experience where a comparable amount of knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved.)
Proficiency in c/C++
Knowledge of programming tools such as text editors, debuggers, application builders and configuration management tools.
Ability to read code and understand the functionality implemented and the ability to translate the functionality into another piece of software
Ability to understand the system ‘big picture’ and how new functionality fits into that system
Excellent communication skills to discuss with engineering groups to determine the true software requirements
Comprehend software documentation including specification and design documents, communication interface specific and API descriptions
Knowledge of Semiconductor standards is preferred
Knowledge of Delphi (Pascal) an advantage
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The position involves delivering software that has immediate, tangible results visible in the operation of semiconductor processing equipment hardware. The hardware includes robotics, gas valves, temperature controllers and other hardware. The engineer will work with other software engineers, engineers from other departments, and other ASM personnel. He will be required to use his experience and judgment to provide software system engineering solutions. The engineer will work independently or as a team member on software development efforts. The senior software engineer may act as a mentor for newly hired software engineers.
Evaluating new software and hardware tools for possible department use
Author and review policies, procedures and work instructions
As an Electrical Engineer you will provide technical solutions to other members of the technical staff on special projects and may function in a project leadership role. You will need to Interface with other organizations on new product updates to ensure a smooth transition of the product into the manufacturing cycle. This mean working with a global, cross-functional team utilizing excellent communication skills.
Your main responsibilities are to:
Education & Experience
Two to four year college or vocational degree in mechanical engineering preferred. A strong understanding of algebra, geometry and trigonometry is required.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems, with a minimum of 1 year working experience with Pro/ENGINEER software (Wildfire 4.0/Creo 3.0). Requires specific experience relative to company's immediate need in mechanical design.
Requires strong procedural and math skills. Good understanding of ASME Y14.5 (Dimensioning and Tolerancing), capable of product tolerance studies. Strong understanding of manufacturing processes, procedures, materials and techniques, including manufacturability concerns for each part designed. The ability to read and understand difficult instructions and maintain written records is essential. Excellent functional understanding of AutoCAD (2016) and Pro/ENGINEER (Wildfire 4.0/Creo 3.0) software.
General Job Description
Responsible for designing and detailing the documentation required for the manufacture of ASM America products, preparing complete production detail drawings / bills of materials and contributing design modifications to improve the quality of products and/or facilitate manufacturing operations. Involves computer aided drafting of mechanical and electrical sub-assemblies with complex parts using Pro/ENGINEER software on a PC based computer system, with the highest degree of accuracy, cost-effectiveness and with the highest quality of design.
Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electronic / electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at ASM’s global customer locations. Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first mentality. Be capable of working completely independent of supervision on highly complex problems while meeting project/task timelines, objectives and goals. Have the ability to develop action plans for problem resolution and present to internal and external customers. Develop improvements for processes, hardware and software for continuous improvement of ASM equipment / business operations. Coach / mentor lower level FSE’s to higher level skill sets.. Have the ability to assist in customer escalations and manage beta-site projects. Have the ability to troubleshoot process problems of medium complexity along with writing procedures and processes for standard field service activities. Travel of 25-75% for both domestic and international locations may be required
Bachelor degree from an accredited college in electrical engineering / electronics technology or Associates degree in electronics / electro-mechanical with 8 years of semiconductor fabrication maintenance experience In ALD, PECVD, EPI, Diffusion or Implant.
6-8 years field service / customer support background and/or 6-8 years manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of semiconductor capital equipment. Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
Field Process Engineer for Albuquerque, NM
New Product Introduction (NPI):
Undergoes training with the Business Unit to build expertise on newly developed processes (either thermal ALD or PEALD) and/or hardware. Owns the introduction/transfer of these processes to the customer site.
Work closely with the field hardware teams and Business Unit to support and troubleshoot issues on new products, including developing proposals for equipment and process design improvements, as well as conducting those experiments in conjunction with the customer.
Escalates issues, as needed, to ensure a timely resolution and to maintain the project timeline/scope.
Documents learnings during NPI and works with the Business Unit to ensure learnings are incorporated in future IQ/hardware/process rollout packages. Documents the learnings for subsequent knowledge transfer to the local service team at manufacturing sites.
On-site process development:
Support Customer ALD/PEALD processes and hardware development (both new development and CIP - continuous improvement projects). Works closely with the Customer to design and conduct experiments to meet the Customer’s need (new development, CIP, troubleshooting).
Analyze current baseline process and system performance; identify gaps with respect to technology node requirements.
Perform problem assessment and root cause analysis of system performance issues (non-conformances) at customer site.
Works with the customer to develop new opportunities for ASM processes and hardware introduction at the Customer site.
HVM process transfer:
Responsible for process transfer to HVM fabs and transfer of product knowledge to the local service organization.
Documents and maintains the process and hardware learnings from the development phase and develops/transfers best known methods (BKMs) to the HVM site teams.
Candidates at all levels (B.S., M.S, and PhD) with a degree in physical chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or physics will be considered.
Equivalent combination of education and experience for which comparable knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved in the areas of processing, developing and characterizing metal and dielectric films deposited by ALD, PEALD, PVD, CVD, PECVD, and/or MOCVD techniques.
Good knowledge of semiconductor device applications, vacuum techniques, film characterization and metrology techniques, and ALD/PEALD/CVD/Diffusion deposition processes and equipment. Preference will be given to candidates who have a demonstrated history of optimizing ALD deposition and process development, preferably with ASM ALD equipment.
Strong experience designing and conducting experiments, in addition to measuring and interpreting experimental output, aimed at fulfilling stated objectives using DOEs and statistical methods.
Proactively support escalations, develop and manage action plans, and ensure clear communication between customer, service team, business unit, or other sub-suppliers.
In case of beta qualifications or escalations, additional time and working weekends will be required.
Must understand the Intellectual Property boundaries between ASM and the Customer and be able to maintain IP, as appropriate, during all external and internal interactions.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly communicate advanced technical constructs in direct and concise manner.
Field Service Engineers for Rio Rancho, NM.
General Job Description
Basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electromechanical systems
Ability to work with hand tools
Working knowledge of Oscilloscope’s and DVM’s
Strong positive attitude with excellent customer service skills
Clear and concise (English) verbal and written communications
Knowledge of structured problem solving techniques
Working software knowledge of MS office
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to work alone and/or with limited supervision
Be able to interpret electronic / electro-mechanical schematics and drawings
Maintain strong organizational and leadership skills.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Years of experience in purchasing and materials/planning in a manufacturing environment. Experience in the semiconductor industry is desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved.
Strong negotiating skills
Strong interpersonal, consultative, and conflict resolution skills
Strong organization and analytical skills
Ability to manage and direct vendors and perform value analysis required
Usage of computer based MRP required – SAP preferred
Solid understanding of cost reduction and inventory management techniques
Strong ability to follow through on all tasks
Procures materials, equipment and services (ie. circuit boards, fabricated parts) and assists in leading the Purchasing Department in obtaining critical and (high dollar) materials, equipment and services
Checks requisitions, obtains quotations, examines bids and award orders/contracts
Manages and directs ASM vendors to maximize ASM’s position
Develops new sources of supply for required products as needed
Coordinates purchases with MRP requirements, manufacturing and engineering needs
Interfaces with Production Control, Quality Control, Manufacturing and Finance as required
Places, reschedules, and cancels purchase orders in a timely manner
Understands market conditions and makes recommendations for Supply Solutions
Issues RFQ’s to marketplace for competitive bid purposes and monitors cost reductions
Maintains SAP database to keep lead-times, standard costs, and all pertinent data accurate
Takes on medium level projects while keeping Manager informed of progress or roadblocks
BS in Business, Supply Management, or related field
Professional training combined with related purchasing/materials management experience may substitute in part for educational requirements.
Professional Certification (CPM/APICS) is desirable
Functional Knowledge & Skills
We are looking for a talented Process Engineer to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona.
We are looking for a talented Principal Process Engineer to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona.
As the technical representative of the engineering organization on projects and programs. the Senior Electrical Engineer will provide technical solutions to other members of the technical staff on special projects and may function in a project leadership role. Must be a self-starter with ability to take on a wide range of moderately complex assignments with some general direction.
Apply sound engineering principles, product specifications and research data to create designs for systems and products for semiconductor industry.
Develop fail safe, cost effective designs for lower level sub-assemblies used in microprocessor controlled semiconductor equipment.
Integrate lower level assemblies to obtain a desired system level configuration.
Adapt digital and analog I/O requirements to achieve customer specific configurations.
Provide technical support for capital orders, expense projects, retrofits and development projects.
Provide engineering cost estimates to marketing for non -standard options, new system features and product enhancements. This activity may also require some customer interaction dealing with design revisions and installation requirements.
Evaluate engineering change requests and implement changes as necessary following established procedures and schedules.
Travel to customer sites to assist in installation of retrofits and resolving equipment related problems.
Create product/system designs and associated documentation for the manufacturing and testing of products manufactured by ASM. The documentation shall be complete, easy to follow and depict a level of accuracy surpassing the customers’ (internal and external) expectations. This will also entail extensive inter departmental coordination for timely release of all designs.
Participate in design reviews prior to releasing new designs to production.
Support testing of hardware for cost reduction and product improvement projects to verify performance objectives. Design and build test equipment, support basic instrumentation with hardware, create test procedures, perform electro-mechanical tests as required and maintain reliability data and records of all evaluations performed.
Provide design and manufacturing support on sales order specified systems for all parts of the product for which no major development effort is required.
Review technical manuals and update tech pubs on revised documentation needs.
Provide customer service groups with engineering support in resolving field problems.
Support document control in establishing relevant procedures for the manufacture of different sub-assemblies like cable assemblies, PCB assemblies and wiring diagram etc.
Provide electrical system integration, interfacing and interconnect for products manufactured by ASM.
Ideal candidate will have a Master's or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Experience in supply chain or operations Responsible for driving sourcing strategies,
cost reductions and Business Unit alignment for new products.
• Will be focal for engineering and Business Unit for assigned products and must be able to manage
across multiple functional groups to achieve common goals.
• Must be able to break down and report on detailed costed Bills of Materials, align supply chain
strategies with Commodity Teams and align manufacturing strategies with Global Operations
Responsible for Supplier Selection to match the quality, delivery and cost goals
• Must be detailed oriented, have strong communication skills and be able to take initiative
• Semiconductor capital equipment experience is a plus.
• Performs opportunity analysis to identify projects that will deliver significant cost savings and value
• Makes financial and risk assessments for critical suppliers.
• Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance or other related fields
• MBA preferred
• APICS Certification, Lean Six Sigma Training, Negotiation certification or other Supply Chain related
programs a plus.
• Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience in a similar position.
• Experience in a Global work setting is preferable.
• Experience managing people or programs
• Semiconductor, capital equipment or related industry experience preferred
ASM America is currently seeking Global Product Support (GPS) Engineer for our Phoenix, AZ office. (relocation support available)
As a Manager of Finance and Control, you will work on a highly visible, flexible and collaborative team in a fast paced semiconductor equipment manufacturing environment. The Manager of Finance and Control will work with a variety of business partners for the EPI product line to evaluate P&L and business performance, resolve complex business challenges, establish business metrics, and provide insights into future business endeavors as a trusted advisor. The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate analytical problem-solver who thinks big and long-term, acts quickly, comfortable in a hands-on role and is motivated to develop new approaches. This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with a combination of deep business acumen, knowledge of financial best practices, and an analytical mindset. The candidate must have the ability and flexibility to work globally with diverse stakeholder groups to solve business problems and provide data driven solutions that are organized and simple to understand; strong communication skills are a must. This is a highly visible position that will work across multiple levels of the business. This position will report to the Senior Director Business Control in Phoenix.
Job Title: Senior Manager Business Development
Senior Manager Business Development plays a key leadership role in successfully driving products to the market by understanding customer requirements and developing/executing strategies that enhance customer adoption of ASM’s products and solutions.
Senior Manager Business Development will lead his/her team to align strategy with Sales in the field, drive and execute sales strategies, sustain a competitive selling process, and manage customer engagements to develop new business and grow revenue/market share. Senior Manager Business Development is accountable for achieving booking, revenue, market share, and gross margin goals and customer satisfaction. The role also includes working with product marketing managers to launch new products and provide ongoing customer support through technical discussions, product presentations, and product-level account management.
Senior Manager Business Development’s roles and responsibilities are focused on managing all aspects of business and customer engagement activities in the assigned region or accounts as follows:
The Key Account Technologist is the ASM product expert who supports extensive customer and internal company contacts for coordinating the introduction of new products, product improvements, and product modifications. This includes leading projects/programs supporting these activities. The focus of this job is on managing all the technical account aspects of the customers in the assigned region.
Written and verbal communication skills including excellent presentation skills required. Analytical thought and analysis abilities are needed to function in this position. Manage multiple conflicting priorities towards the local account teams and within ASMA in support of introducing new equipment at the involved customer(s). Computer literacy is required.
Bachelor’s degree (or above) in chemical engineering, physics, or material science.
5+ years (3+ years for master degree, or fresh Ph.D.) experience in the semiconductor wafer processing or capital equipment industry. Related work experience can include process engineering and technical marketing. Direct experience with silicon wafer processing is a benefit or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and ability have been achieved.
B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years experience or A.A. with 10+ years experience in semiconductor or related industry.
Intimate knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Working knowledge of epi, CVD, RTP and wet cleaning processing would be a strong plus. Demonstrated track record of fast troubleshooting and innovative skills to optimize manufacturing equipment. Excellent communication with peers and management.
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Operations Projects Leader
Director, Global EHS/CSR
We are building a leading EHS team here at ASM. You will be working with highly motivated, experienced, and passionate team members driving our ZERO HARM! philosophy. This role will lead the continuous improvement of our EHS Management Systems, data systems, training programs, and key aspects of operational performance across ASM sites worldwide.
BS/MS in Health & Safety Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related degree.
10+ years in Environmental Health & Safety manufacturing and/or equipment design environment.
Familiar with ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001, global/local environmental and safety regulations or standards for a Research & Development (R&D), manufacturing, and field service environment.
Environment & occupational health and safety experience in high-tech arena/semiconductor fabs.
Knowledge in the semiconductor equipment industry, including CVD/wafer processing or closely related equipment.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with all audiences, levels, and cultures. Written and spoken English required.
Strong critical thinking and data analysis skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
Strong analytical tool knowledge (e.g. Proficiency in Excel with macros, data analysis tools, Qlik, JMP)
Adapts well to fast paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
Travel ~20%, International/Domestic
The position is responsible for leading the continuous improvement of our EHS Management Systems, data systems, and training programs in supporting their implementation at ASM sites worldwide. Works with Regional/site EHS Leaders across ASM’s facilities, sites, and service locations to implement leading EHS programs in the global semiconductor industry. Responsibilities include:
Drive ASM’s EHS/CSR program to support the organization to/with:
MS degree in mechanical engineering or related degree(s) preferred.
· Experience in the engineering and design of complex mechanical systems including: motion controls, gas, pneumatics, water, and vacuum systems, handling systems, and product packaging.
· Management in the semiconductor industry is a PLUS.
· Technical/engineering management experience.
· Demonstrated experience in design, development and integration of system level mechanical features and functions, including configuration control aspects.
· Able to direct/work with a diverse group of people to achieve requirements and specifications on complex projects.
· Ability to create, check, review and analyze mechanical and electrical designs, test procedures and equipment specifications.
· Capability to manage resource schedules/planning/coordinating and reporting activities. This includes interfacing with other organizations and outside vendors.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to present design concepts to management and peers in a professional and effective manner.
· Ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining a team player attitude.
· Self-confident yet humble, with a high degree of integrity.
· An intense desire for success, with an ability to learn and improve from past mistakes
· Strong technical management skills
· Strong team motivation and leadership skills
· Understanding of materials: metals, plastics, quartz, heat transfer, surface coatings and surface finishes.
· Computer background in Microsoft applications Pro/ENGINEER, ANSYS and AutoCAD.
· Knowledge of mechanical design and drafting best practices and ANSI Y14.5, including geometric tolerances
General Job Description
· Lead Engineering (mechanical, electrical, systems) team responsible for developing and/or making improvements to semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
· Demonstrated subject matter expertise by managing the creation and execution of continuous improvement projects to enhance the reliability and lower the cost of existing platform systems.
· Provide technical guidance to team, manage resource loading, and maintaining schedules for all engineering projects.
· Drive engineering projects from conception through engineering release utilizing ECO release processes.
· Represent the engineering team on technical projects and programs. Regularly, prepare and deliver technical project presentations and status to management and directly to customers
· Exhibit a self-starter personality with the ability to take on a wide range of technically challenging projects.
· Review and create internal technical specifications, customer technical specifications, industry standards and regulations/standards.
· Evaluate engineering calculations and designs for mechanical, stress, thermal, mechanical, tolerances and fluid dynamics problems.
· Set group and individual goals and objectives, and periodically review performance vs objectives.
6-8 years field service / customer support background and/or 6-8 years manufacturing experience preferrably in EPI (Intrepid, 8300, 8200). Experience in CVD, ALD, PEALD also considered. KnowledgeKnowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
Manufacturing Engineer (NPI / Volume Manufacturing)
• Actively engage with BU (Product Marketing, Design Engineering, Special Products & Refurbishment teams) during the concept (ERS, HLD / LLD), alpha and beta phases in Product Life Cycle (PLC) to influence DFM concepts in reducing labour cost and material cost to meet the product cost targets at different phases,
• Lead the Global Operations (GOPS) team (Manufacturing Engineering, Global Procurement, Manufacturing and their support functions) with emphasis on cost reduction, cycle time & lead time reduction, material flow, quality improvements, and efficient manufacturing methods & processes,
• Ability to strategize GOPS goals and objectives to meet the BU targets and should be able to prepare / participate, present and engage in the BU and TG reviews,
• Ability to influence and buy-in of cost reduction, DFM, DFE strategies with the internal partners including the Business Units (BUs),
• Define and create manufacturing and quality documentation (i.e. work instructions, test procedures, inspection checklists, etc.) by leading the GOPS support function(s)
• Manage tooling and test equipment requirements. Innovation in implementing tooling and test equipment to manufacturing efficiency and customer quality
• Drive implementation and compliance of Manufacturing Readiness Reviews (MRRs) as part of the PLC process
• Use the Product Transfer Readiness Review (PTRR) to transfer the product from beta to High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) by meeting all the toll gate (TG) requirements in the PLC process and PTRR requirements
• Constantly engage Field support and BUs to build the capability of the Engineering team on the equipment and process knowledge of ASM equipment.
External (Vendors, Suppliers, Customers, Clients)
• Ability to leverage the best practices between Contract manufacturers (CM) and internal manufacturing during the HVM transfer stage
• Ability to drive timely solutions for the suppliers by engaging BU and GOPS team to meet the lead time, quality and cost goals.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with proven track record to drive changes and implement changes to benefit the organization
• Minimal 5-8 years of experience working in a manufacturing or engineering environment. At least 3 years in New Product Introduction or transfer role.
• Preferred experience within the Semiconductor/Capital Equipment industry in Manufacturing, Quality and/or engineering roles in equipment assembly, test
• Experience in working and interfacing with cross functional teams. Demonstrated ability to influence cross functional organization and drive changes.
• Prior experience in implementing DFM, DFE, DFX, Lean concepts through manufacturing engineering; Modular assemblies, Feeder lines, Off-line assemblies, flow line and automated testing.
• Strong understanding of bill of material structure (Product structure, Family tree, Generic vs. Customization, Merge in Transit) and revision changes and how it affects manufacturing and procurement from concept to HVM stage
• Familiar with the following operational excellence tools but not limited to; Lean manufacturing, FMEA, 8D, PDCA, Problem solving, Microsoft project, six sigma, and ROI.
• Knowledge of new product introduction systems, processes and standards
• Experience in managing multiple projects using project management skills and tools
• Experience with SAP and/or major ERP/MRP systems and processes at user level
• A strong understanding of DFM and Manufacturing best practices
• Exhibits effective leadership, analytical thinking, committed to drive teams to meet business goals.
• Strong written, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills despite of the level of people
• Self-driven personality with discipline of ownership of responsibilities and independence
• Strong influencer to upkeep the team towards positive thinking
• Attention to detail
• Technical undergraduate degree or equivalent
Senior Field Process Development Engineer
ASM International N.V. is a leading supplier of semiconductor process equipment. The Company possesses a strong technological base, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, a competent and qualified workforce and a highly trained, strategically distributed support network worldwide. As a member of the Key-Account organization of the Global Sales and Services business unit, the Key Account Process Development engineer is the on-site process application expert to expand opportunities on ASM’s installed products. In this role, he/she is driving the process development projects and is the bridge between the customer process development teams and the business unit. During the transfer of the technology to the production fabs, the process engineer will ensure all the best-known-methods (BKM’s) are transferred ensuring a smooth transition. In case of systems down situations, you will work in the escalation process with the local FSE team to solve the problem as soon as possible.
Main tasks of a Senior Field Process Development Engineer
On site process development
New Product Introduction (NPI), ramp to HVM production
Due to the international nature of this function you can develop yourself as a technical expert with excellent communication and management skills. Within this job you are involved in many ASM departments. This will create an excellent steppingstone for further career opportunities at ASM, like (R&D) Management, Project Management, and Technical Account Management.
As the technical manager of a team of Mechanical Engineers and Designers, the Mechanical Engineering Manager is responsible for design, development and release of next generation semiconductor manufacturing equipment for projects and programs.
New College Graduates
BS or MS degree in electrical engineering or related degree(s) preferred.
Five to eight years of experience in the engineering and design of complex electrical systems including: tool controls, motion controls, pneumatics controls, handling systems, temperature control systems. These to include AC electrical circuits 480V and below, DC electrical circuits. Experience with hardware interlocking of tool controls sytems.
Frequently will be the technical representative of the engineering organization on projects and programs. Provides technical solutions to other members of the technical staff on special projects and may function in a project leadership role. Must be a self-starter with the ability to take on a wide range of moderately complex assignments with some general direction.
Apply sound engineering principles, product specifications and research data to create electrical designs for systems and products for semiconductor industry.
Perform engineering calculations, including power distribution calculations, circuit breaker and/or fuse sizing and hardware interlock creation.
Perform DC power distribution and balancing, control logic determination, DC control sensor selections.
Create and revise AutoCAD drawings, ranging in complexity from simple modifications to new tool designs.
Determine feasibility of product proposals, resolve problems based on technical inputs and develop new designs based on the same, maintaining product design safety criteria.
Frequent cleanroom lab to review, analyze, install, fit check electrical assemblies created.
General Job Description continued:
Prepare product/system designs and related engineering documentation for the manufacturing and testing of prototype and production released products. The documentation shall be complete and easy to follow.
Project management duties include report generation, schedule creation and maintenance, design reviews and interdepartmental coordination.
Provide assistance in establishing product configuration and structures on new products and features in both development and manufacturing environments.
Present and participate in design reviews for unique customer driven specials, product enhancements and other new designs.
Work with a global, cross-functional team utilizing excellent communication skills.
Travel to customer sites to participate in technical discussions.
Assist marketing, customers and vendors in preparation of cost estimates dealing with non-standard options, new system features and product enhancements.
Support projects in conjunction with technical staff, managers and manufacturing groups. Support development and testing of hardware to verify performance. Create test plans, verify and approve test procedures.
Interface with other organizations on new product updates, and ensure a smooth transition of the product into the manufacturing cycle.
Evaluate change requests and complete all aspects of engineering change orders.
Seeking a Software Configuration Engineer to develop and support processes and procedures for maintaining software version and configuration control for operational systems.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent technical field of study.
Experience in a role configuring software applications, managing software versioning or providing configuration management responsibilities in a software development environment.
Experience with a company engaged in the manufacture of complex equipment with integrated software control is preferred.
MS degree in an engineering discipline. Experience in fields of System Quality Assurance or Software Quality Assurance combined with Hardware Quality Assurance can substitute for degree requirement depending on ability.
MS degree in engineering or BS degree in engineering plus, working experience in the field of System Quality Assurance, System Quality Engineering with some “hands-on” experience as a Quality Engineer with a company engaged in the manufacture of complex electromechanical equipment with integrated software controls, preferably in semiconductor equipment. Working hand-in-hand during an engineering development project as the Engineering QA/test environment is required. Experience in a role configuring software applications, managing software versioning or providing configuration management responsibilities in a software development environment a plus.
You will part of a team which is developing the next generation software for machine control combining the latest design principles, robotics, machine learning, big data, UI design and algorithms.
Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Manage software engineering team, projects, priority and resource management
Run agile/scrum meetings
MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field plus 7-10 years
Software development lead experience of at least 5 years
Software development experience in C / C++
Experience working with two or more from the following: software for machine control, Semiconductor Factory Automation (SEMI SECS/GEM), Equipment Data Acquisition (SEMI EDA / Interface A), Multi-threaded applications, real-time software, device drivers or other interrupt driven software
Experience with other programming languages preferred: C#, Delphi (Pascal)
BS plus 5+ years of experience or equivalent
MS plus 3+ years experience or equivalent
BS degree in Computer Science with a minor in engineering, science or mathematics and 10 years of experience is preferred. An MS degree in Computer science and 7 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in engineering along with either a minor or equivalent in Computer Science and experience 7 years experience is required.
Five plus years of experience developing the following types of software:
Proficiency in C/C++
Experience architecting software and control systems
Ability to quickly read code and understand the functionality implemented and the ability to translate the functionality into another piece of software