Please check to see if any current vacancies match your skills, experience, interests and qualifications.
At ASM, we say 'difference makes the difference'. Learn more about Diversity at ASM
Provide product safety engineering analysis and coordinate approval of product design compliance for semiconductor equipment manufacturer in Phoenix, Arizona.
Bachelors in technical field or graduate of product safety compliance program
5+ years’ experience of semiconductor industry and industrial equipment safety standards (i.e. SEMI S2, Machinery Directive)
Additional / Desirable:
Engineering Degree - Electrical Engineering (EE) , or Mechanical Engineering (ME), or Chemical Engineering (CE)
Engineering Cross-Discipline experienced preferred
10+ years’ experience in product safety engineering compliance within the semiconductor industry
This person will be responsible for ownership of product safety compliance for the ASM Thermal Products Business Unit in Phoenix, Arizona. This person will conduct hazard analysis and the related risk assessments for new products and review upgrades and retrofits to existing products for safety compliance. This person will coordinate the 3rd party assessments of the equipment to comply with SEMI safety standards as well as the European Directives, and provide guidance on design practices necessary to comply with these standards. This person will act as member of ASM’s Global Product Safety Engineering Counsel, and work together with other ASM Product Safety Engineers (PSE) leaders to maintain global equipment design guidelines (for safety compliance). This person will be lead/contribute to product design related Safety Incident Reports (SIR’s) investigations, including root cause analysis. This person will provide support and ownership of customer equipment safety related questions and issues.
The ASM Senior Spares & Upgrades Product Manager position is to develop and successfully release spares and system upgrade products to improve ASM revenue and margin contribution, along with maintaining and/or capturing high spares market share of the install base. In addition to driving financial performance, the goal is to increase customer satisfaction through creating customer valued offerings that meet and exceed customer goals and requirements.
The position of Senior Spares& Upgrades Product Manager will be tasked with the following areas of responsibility:
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will work closely with a variety of business functions ranging from Business Development, Sales, Finance, Operations and Technology & Engineering Teams and coordinate execution across these functional groups. The Product Manager role is among the most challenging and rewarding. We are looking for a highly talented and driven individual who is excited to take on this challenge.
Focus on continuously improving your product and delivering new consumer-focused solutions to create additional value for our customers. You will leverage consumer insights, market needs and go-to-market strategy to fine-tune your offering. In addition, you will define and evaluate new product offerings, coordinate cross-functional market launches, define success metrics, diligently track key metrics and improve new products over time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Owns products end to end from strategy to execution and has a mission to make his/her product the best in the industry, improving value for ASM and our customers
• Responsible for driving new product launches collaborating with a wide range of functional groups
• Diligently manages products using metrics driven approach and continuously drives improvement in these metrics
• Leads various qualitative and quantitative customer research to better understand customer perspectives and refine insights
• Serves as the champion of ASM customers, understands their needs/aspirations in detail through qualitative and quantitative means and uses the insight to actively improve our products
• Evangelizes product, strategy and roadmap with various functional groups across ASM (particularly with sales) and drive excitement
• Ensures messaging of key product features, processes, expectations, performance, etc. is accurate, clear, and delivered consistently across departments
• Stays up to date on changes to our industry and business processes, identify impact of changes on all processes, materials, and messaging, and work with departments to ensure changes are absorbed
• Experience as a process engineer or hardware engineer in the semicap industry.
• 7 or more years of experience in Product Management and related disciplines, preferably in a world class tech company/start up.
• Experience developing, executing, and owning best-in-class products desired
• Demonstrated excellence in qualitative empathy driven customer research, rigorous data based analysis, business case building
• Semi cap industry experience and understanding desired but not required. An undergraduate technical degree is required. PhD is preferred.
• High Standards: expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
• Customer Obsession: has high degree of customer empathy and drive to understand customers; uses insight to guide product priorities
• Product and business judgment: has the judgment to prioritize best product improvements and deliver great end to end customer experience based on customer and market need, organizational limitations and business environment
• Process Management: can lead complex end to end processes with stakeholders across functional groups and several interdependencies
• Analytical skills: can build robust models and analyze vast quantities of data to unearth most important insights; Excel capabilities required
• Learning and continuous improvement mindset: actively solicits feedback to improve self; proactive about improving product by always generating hypotheses and validating hypotheses
• Attention to detail: pays attention to the specifics, in terms of process, customer experience or detailed metrics to deliver on product outcomes
• Communication: listens for meaning, translates concepts effectively and is articulate with both verbal and written communication; can command a room full of business leaders and drive outcomes
• Adaptability: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; anticipates and copes effectively with the complexity of change
• Able to listen and communicate verbally
• Able to travel up to 50% of time
ASM America is currently seeking Global Product Support (GPS) Engineer for our Phoenix, AZ office.
B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years experience or A.A. with 10+ years experience in semiconductor or related industry.
Intimate knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Working knowledge of epi, CVD, RTP and wet cleaning processing would be a strong plus. Demonstrated track record of fast troubleshooting and innovative skills to optimize manufacturing equipment. Excellent communication with peers and management.
STANDARD EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS LEVEL
BS plus 7 years of experience or equivalent
MS plus 4 years experience or equivalent
BS degree in Computer Science with a minor in engineering, science or mathematics and 7 years of experience is preferred. An MS degree in Computer science and 4 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in engineering along with either a minor or equivalent in Computer Science and experience 4 years experience is required.
Five years of experience developing the following types of software:
Developing for Windows and Windows Embedded Operating Systems
Machine Control Systems
Experience in the following application areas is a plus:
Multi-threaded applications, real-time software, device drivers or other interrupt driven software
Graphical User Interfaces
Semiconductor Factory Automation
Data Communications and Networking
(An equivalent combination of education and experience where a comparable amount of knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved.)
Proficiency in c/C++
Knowledge of programming tools such as text editors, debuggers, application builders and configuration management tools.
Ability to read code and understand the functionality implemented and the ability to translate the functionality into another piece of software
Ability to understand the system ‘big picture’ and how new functionality fits into that system
Excellent communication skills to discuss with engineering groups to determine the true software requirements
Comprehend software documentation including specification and design documents, communication interface specific and API descriptions
Knowledge of Semiconductor standards is preferred
Knowledge of Delphi (Pascal) an advantage
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The position involves delivering software that has immediate, tangible results visible in the operation of semiconductor processing equipment hardware. The hardware includes robotics, gas valves, temperature controllers and other hardware. The engineer will work with other software engineers, engineers from other departments, and other ASM personnel. He will be required to use his experience and judgment to provide software system engineering solutions. The engineer will work independently or as a team member on software development efforts. The senior software engineer may act as a mentor for newly hired software engineers.
Evaluating new software and hardware tools for possible department use
Author and review policies, procedures and work instructions
THIS IS A CONTRACT ROLE WITH AN ANTICIPATED ASSIGNMENT DURATION OF 3 MONTHS - 12 MONTHS
Two to four year college or vocational degree in mechanical engineering preferred. A strong understanding of algebra, geometry and trigonometry is required.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems, with a minimum of 2 year working experience with Pro/ENGINEER software or 3 years of another 3D CAD modeling software. Requires specific experience relative to company's immediate need in mechanical design.
Requires strong procedural and math skills. Good understanding of ASME Y14.5 (Dimensioning and Tolerancing), capable of product tolerance studies. Strong understanding of manufacturing processes, procedures, materials and techniques, including manufacturability concerns for each part designed. The ability to read and understand difficult instructions and maintain written records is essential. Excellent functional understanding of AutoCAD and Pro/ENGINEER software.
General Job Description
Responsible for designing and detailing the documentation required for the manufacture of ASM America products, preparing complete production detail drawings and contributing design modifications to improve the quality of products and/or facilitate manufacturing operations. Involves computer aided drafting of mechanical and electrical sub-assemblies with complex parts using Pro/ENGINEER software on a PC based computer system, with the highest degree of accuracy, cost-effectiveness and with the highest quality of design.
As the technical manager of a team of Mechanical Engineers and Designers, the Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager is responsible for design, development and release of next generation semiconductor manufacturing equipment for projects and programs.
Functional Knowledge & Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering (or related) discipline highly preferred. High school degree or equivalent required.
Minimum of 5 years experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems, with 2 - 4 years actual working experience with Pro-Engineering software. Requires specific experience relative to company's immediate needs in either mechanical design, electrical design, E/M design or design checking or an equivalent combination of education and experience for which comparable knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved.
Solid understanding of ANSI Y14.5 (Dimensioning and Tolerancing), capable of product tolerance studies. Strong understanding of manufacturing processes, procedures, materials and techniques, including manufacturability concerns for each part designed. Requires strong procedural and math (algebra, geometry and trigonometry) skills. The ability to read and understand difficult instructions and maintain written records is essential. Excellent functional understanding of AutoCAD and Pro-Engineering software.
As the support representative of the equipment lab and facilities manager and organization, the Facilities Engineer facilitates advanced projects and programs. Executes project leadership role and aids the development of technical ideas into final product by providing guidance and coordinating the efforts of a diverse group of technical professionals. Must be highly motivated with ability to take on complex assignments with minimal or no direction.
• Apply sound engineering and business principles, equipment/product specifications and research data to provide equipment and facilities to support development and applications tool sets for semiconductor industry.
• Determine feasibility of product proposals, resolve problems based on technical inputs, business goals and develop new designs based on the same when requested, maintaining product design safety criteria.
• Lead facility design reviews (30/60/90) with engineering teams to ensure facilities requirements and scope of work is clearly identified and comprehended.
• Generate Scope of Work and Request for Quotations for all facility related projects. Work with contractors to obtain multiple quotes and choose optimal contact for ASM business needs.
• Develop project micro-schedule and manage project/s to meet required timeline. Meet with contractors on daily basis to monitor progress, identify roadblocks and remove blocks when required.
• Maintain protocol policies and procedures, upkeep, good housekeeping and controls for Class 1, 10, 100, 1000 and 10,000 Cleanrooms. This includes all garments and consumable supplies to run and maintain clean environment.
• Provide direction, procedures, means and ways for semiconductor fabrication equipment and it’s support equipment, related to various abatement, chemical and gas delivery, metrology, chilled water/DI water, waste water systems, vacuum, wet clean systems. This includes budget controls, cost reductions, cost estimates, generation of purchase orders.
• Provide support to EHS department on EHS upgrades and defined projects and task as assigned.
• Provide and maintain facilities security and life safety systems.
• Provide and maintain all building facilities equipment and systems to maintain comfortable living quarters for all ASMA employees. This also includes internal relocations, furniture, and restroom and breakroom facilities and upkeep. This includes but not limited to blanket orders and contracts for suppliers, purchase order spread sheet, cost transfers, and cost controls/reductions.
• Provide support to various operation areas to maintain production requirements and productivity.
• Provide leadership and engineering direction in finalization of specifications, designs, fabrication techniques and test protocols. This entails report generation, schedule creation and maintenance, design reviews and extensive inter departmental coordination. This also includes preparation of facilities cost spread sheet, WA, CAPX and contractor work scopes, project scheduling / planning (MPP) and reporting.
• Instill teamwork, satisfy internal customer requirements and maintain schedules while following budgetary guidelines and constraints.
• Hold and participate in design reviews for unique internal customer driven programs, for changes implementing product enhancements and other new designs prior to and during their development and installation.
• Develop cost reduction projects and equipment improvement projects in conjunction with technical staff, managers and manufacturing groups. Support development and testing of associated hardware to verify performance objectives. Create test plans, verify and approve test procedures, and develop and maintain reliability data and records on all evaluations performed.
As HR Generalist in HR Operations US you are accountable for delivering HR service and solutions to managers and employees active across different Business units in the US. Under guidance of the Global manager HR Operations, you will work with HR Business Partners, HR Managers, Managers and Employees to deliver and further establish HR Service in US. The role requires hands on and operational execution in a dynamic and demanding business environment. Main focus is on running and improving operational HR processes.
Education/ working experience
HR Bachelor degree, 5-8 years of experience in HR
We offer competitive base pay and benefits in a growing and dynamic business environment.
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer I
Work Location: Phoenix, AZ
Apply sound engineering principles, product specifications and research data to create designs for systems and products for semiconductor industry. Perform engineering calculations including structural and thermal analysis and fluid dynamics problems. Create and revise Pro/ENGINEER CAD models and detail drawings, ranging in complexity from simple piece parts to large assemblies. Determine feasibility of product proposals, resolve problems based on technical inputs and develop new designs maintaining product design safety criteria. Prepare product/system designs and related engineering documentation for the manufacturing and testing of prototype and production released products. The documentation shall be complete and easy to follow. Perform project management duties including report generation, schedule creation and maintenance, design reviews and interdepartmental coordination. Provide assistance in establishing product configuration and structures on new products and features in both development and manufacturing environments. Present and participate in design reviews for unique customer driven specials, product enhancements and other new designs. Create, manage and execute engineering project plans, including task scheduling with Gantt charts and resource and cost estimates, using MS Project. Travel to customer sites to participate in technical discussions. Assist marketing, customers and vendors in preparation of cost estimates dealing with nonstandard options, new system features and product enhancements. Support projects in conjunction with technical staff, managers and manufacturing groups. Support development and testing of hardware to verify performance. Create test plans, verify and approve test procedures. Interface with other organizations on new product updates, and ensure a smooth transition of the product into the manufacturing cycle. Evaluate change requests and complete all aspects of engineering change orders. Up to 10% travel to unanticipated locations throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Requirements: Bachelor's Plus 6 years of experience in the engineering, design and development of complex mechanical systems including: reactors, vacuum chambers, gas delivery systems, pneumatics, water cooling circuits, and vacuum systems. In the alternate will accept a Master's plus 4 years of experience the engineering, design and development of complex mechanical systems including: reactors, vacuum chambers, gas delivery systems, pneumatics, water cooling circuits, and vacuum systems. All experience may be gained concurrently. Background checks and drug screening required.
This position has the following hours: 3pm -11pm.
BS or MS degree in mechanical engineering or related degree(s) required.
Five to eight years of experience in the engineering and design of complex mechanical systems including: motion controls, gas, pneumatics, water, and vacuum systems, handling systems, and product packaging.
Performs self-inspection of all work, and is responsible for ensuring that all work performed adheres to documentation requirements, company policies and procedures.
May be exposed to following hazardous materials used or exposed to hazardous environments while performing duties: loud noises, metal/moving objects, flammable/toxic/corrosive materials, hot surfaces, lasers, infrared radiation, electrical/pneumatic (pressurized) circuits and adhesives. This will require that employee wear eye, hearing and hand protection as needed to protect him-/her-self from exposure. These will be supplied upon request.
Successful applicant will have either BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering or will possess a combination of education and experience commensurate with semiconductor capital equipment development.
Five years of experience in the design of AC/DC power distribution, logic circuits, equipment controls, sensors interface, motion control, pneumatics control and systems integration. Successful candidate should have extensive experience in creating systems that meet safety expectations as determined by SEMI S2, S8, S22 guidelines, IEC, VDE, CE, NFPA 79, NFPA 70, and UL508A.
One to two years’ experience in documentation procedures as established in an engineering organization producing capital equipment or an equivalent combination of education and experience for which comparable knowledge, skills, and ability has been achieved.
The successful applicant for this Engineering position will: provide solutions for difficult technical electrical issues associated with specific projects; contribute to the timely completion of specific programs and projects; possess the ability to work on complex assignments with some guidance and direction from the Engineering Manager.
Title: Engineer, Senior Supplier Development II
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Candidate will be progressively trained to an advanced level in:
Title: Senior Supplier Development Engineer II
High School graduate
Two years working in a domestic and international transportation organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved. SAP experience is required.
Strong knowledge of the US Customs Regulations both Import and Export
Knowledge U. S. foreign trade statistical classification of domestic and foreign commodities exported from the United States, U.S. Census Bureau AES filing procedures, shipper’s letter of instructions and terms of sale.
Accurate typing and date entry into SAP
Requires attention to detail
Good problem solving skills
Strong computer skills, working knowledge of Excel, SharePoint and SAP
Excellent communication skills; speak and write in a clear and concise manner, and ability to accurately and fully convey issues to peers, management, or customers
Extensive cross training for all positions in the Warehouse/Shipping/Receiving area. This includes job duties for International and Domestic shipping, Expediting, Stock Room Clerk, Receiving Clerk and Shipping Clerk (packing).
Bachelor degree from an accredited college in electrical engineering / electronics technology or Associates degree in electronics / electro-mechanical with 8 years of semiconductor fabrication maintenance experience In ALD, PECVD, EPI, Diffusion or Implant.
6-8 years field service / customer support background and/or 6-8 years manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of semiconductor capital equipment. Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
Basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electromechanical systems
Ability to work with hand tools
Working knowledge of Oscilloscope’s and DVM’s
Strong positive attitude with excellent customer service skills
Clear and concise (English) verbal and written communications
Knowledge of structured problem solving techniques
Working software knowledge of MS office
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to work alone and/or with limited supervision
Be able to interpret electronic / electro-mechanical schematics and drawings
Maintain strong organizational and leadership skills.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
General Job Description
Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electronic / electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at ASM’s global customer locations. Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first mentality. Be capable of working completely independent of supervision on highly complex problems while meeting project/task timelines, objectives and goals. Have the ability to develop action plans for problem resolution and present to internal and external customers. Develop improvements for processes, hardware and software for continuous improvement of ASM equipment / business operations. Coach / mentor lower level FSE’s to higher level skill sets.. Have the ability to assist in customer escalations and manage beta-site projects. Have the ability to troubleshoot process problems of medium complexity along with writing procedures and processes for standard field service activities. Travel of 25-75% for both domestic and international locations may be required
An ASM equipment expert supporting GSS interest globally by providing support plus solutions to field and customer personnel by remote problem diagnosis. Lead and manage the escalation process / team as the organizations escalation owner while mentoring co-workers. Ability to resolve 90% of issues.
Provide value, teamwork and specific data through ASM existing SOP’s to drive FSE efficiency, improve global tool performance, and provide solutions and BKM’s.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field (i.e. Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science) or equivalent technical training.
Associate's degree in technical field or equivalent technical training, and 8 years fab experience.
7 - 10 year’s experience in the electronic or semiconductor industry; 4 year’s experience at ASM or directly related experience. (i.e. ALD, PECVD, Epi, CVD, Diffusion)
present and drive resolution to both ASM and customer.
High School or equivalent, Trade School preferred or other classroom instruction on construction procedures
This Innovator requires in-depth knowledge/experience using best practices of internal or external business concepts to improve training products or services. The ideal candidate solves complex problems, takes a new perspective using existing solutions and works independently with minimal guidance.
Basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electromechanical systems
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
This Process Engineer position will be based in Phoenix, Arizona.
PhD degree is required in the following disciplines: EE, MSE, Ch.E, Chemistry, Physics.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will work on a highly visible, flexible and collaborative team in a fast paced semiconductor environment. The Senior Financial Analyst will work with a variety of business partners across various product lines to evaluate P&L and business performance, resolve complex business challenges, establish business metrics, and provide insights into future business endeavors as a trusted advisor. The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate analytical problem-solver who thinks big and long-term, acts quickly, comfortable in a hands-on role and is motivated to develop new approaches. This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with a combination of deep business acumen, knowledge of financial best practices, and an analytical mindset. The candidate must have the ability and flexibility to work globally with diverse stakeholder groups to solve business problems and provide data driven solutions that are organized and simple to understand; strong communication skills are a must. This is a highly visible position that will work across all levels of the business. This position will report to the Director Business Controller.
As the technical representative of the engineering organization on projects and programs. the Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide technical solutions to other members of the technical staff on special projects and may function in a project leadership role. Must be a self-starter with ability to take on a wide range of moderately complex assignments with some general direction.
ASM America is currently seeking a Global Product Support (GPS) Engineer for our Phoenix, AZ office.
MS or PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Strong physics and engineering fundamentals, combined with a strong CAD, solid modeling capability, with “real world” hands-on experience with mechanical designs.