Intrepid™ XP Epitaxy
The Intrepid XP is our most advanced epitaxy deposition tool. It is designed for the most critical 300mm wafer transistor applications.
Available processes include Silicon (Si), Silicon-Germanium (SiGe), Silicon Carbide (SiC) and other Silicon-based compounds used for transistor strain and channel layers. Strained Silicon is a silicon layer in which the atoms are stretched beyond their normal interatomic distance, allowing higher electron mobility. This results in faster transistor switching at lower power.
Intrepid reactors achieve the industry’s highest deposition rates at low temperatures when using ASM’s patented Silcore® precursor.
Up to four Intrepid process modules can be configured together on ASM’s common XP cluster platform to increase productivity.
INTREPID™ XP BENEFITS
- High throughput, reduced pressure platform featuring 25 wafer load locks; Highly productive method of reducing background oxygen that could damage the interface to the epitaxial layer;
- Precise lamp heating with individual lamp controls for excellent temperature uniformity;
- One- piece, low volume chamber design;
- Vacuum tight, high-speed gas distribution to deliver superior film performance and low metal contamination.
- Strained silicon epitaxy layers such as silicon germanium to form the source and drain regions of advanced Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) transistors;
- CMOS transistor channel layers using epitaxial silicon, silicon germanium and pure germanium;
- Germanium layers for optoelectronic devices.