Please check to see if any current vacancies match your skills, experience, interests and qualifications.
At ASM, we say 'difference makes the difference'. Learn more about Diversity at ASM
· Responsible to manage the process and specs related to deposition equipment parts sent out for cleaning and recycling
· Communicate and interface with key suppliers to manage the implementation of our cleaning specification to ensure quality is met
· Understanding of industry standards for tolerance levels, contamination levels and critical dimensions
· Work closely with the Process and Hardware groups within the ALD deposition group and drive BKMs to optimize part recyclability
· Understand of specs/tolerances are important / can impact the process is desirable
· Responsible for defining and developing packaging with key stakeholders to meet semiconductor / clean room requirements.
· Responsible for defining and develop unique tooling and fixtures required to produce clean components / assemblies.
· Drive continuous improvements to reduce cleaning costs and improve overall component cleanliness using statistical methods.
· Promote design for cleanliness during the concept/development phase driving First Time Right for cleanliness.
Experience and Education Requirements
· 3 to 5 years of relevant experience required, 5+ years preferred, preferably at a top parts cleaning or OEM supplier
· Education: MS Mechanical or Material Science. Prefer mechanical with chemical background to have a better understanding of design and cleaning compatibility.
Intimate knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Working knowledge of epi, CVD, RTP and wet cleaning processing would be a strong plus. Demonstrated track record of fast troubleshooting and innovative skills to optimize manufacturing equipment. Excellent communication with peers and management.
The Software Support engineer will be responsible for maintaining positive customer relationships while providing high quality and innovative software support to ASM customers. The Software Support engineer will work closely with ASM customers in the field to provide software installation support, troubleshooting of software related failures, and provide software system /engineering solutions for problem resolution. The Software support engineer will also work with ASM platform engineering group on the positioning and prioritization of customer requested enhancements while managing customer specific improvement roadmaps though the eventual deployment at customer site. Additional responsibilities to include regression testing for quality assurance prior to the deployment of new software builds at customer sites.
Responsibilities / tasks will also include:
• Develop and troubleshoot computer software, including embedded software for control systems.
• Author, revise, and review system specifications, software designs, test plans, and other software documentation.
• Investigate customer software concerns/issues. Offer problem analysis, solutions, or alternatives as a result of these investigations.
• Must understand customer specific host implementation and compatibility of ASM platforms
• Assist ASM Platform engineering group on the requirements for new software builds
• Responsible for the development and implementation of specific regression test plans
• Travel to customer sites to support installations, training, and troubleshooting of ASM products.
• Provide engineering solutions to resolve all software issues
• Provide general software department support:
• Author and review policies, procedures and work instructions for software solutions
• Evaluate software engineering tools.
Education / experience:
• BS degree in Computer Science preferred and/or a BS degree in engineering related discipline.
• Must have programming experience with C++ and/or JAVA object oriented languages
• 2-5 years of experience troubleshooting software and electro-mechanical systems desired
• Proficiency in CC++
• Knowledge of programming tools such as text editors, debuggers, application builders and configuration management tools.
• Ability to read code and understand the functionality implemented and the ability to translate the functionality into another piece of software
• Ability to understand the system 'big picture' and how new functionality fits into that system
• Excellent communication skills to discuss with engineering groups to determine the true software requirements
• Comprehend software documentation including specification and design documents, communication interface specific and API descriptions
• Knowledge of Semiconductor standards is preferred
• Knowledge of Delphi (Pascal) an advantage
Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair
maintenance on complex electronic / electro-mechanical
semiconductor capital equipment at ASM’s global customer locations.
Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced
customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both
internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first
mentality. Be capable of working completely independent of supervision
on highly complex problems while meeting project/task timelines,
objectives and goals. Have the ability to develop action plans for
problem resolution and present to internal and external customers.
Develop improvements for processes, hardware and software for
continuous improvement of ASM equipment / business operations. Coach
/ mentor lower level FSE’s to higher level skill sets.. Have the ability to
assist in customer escalations and manage beta-site projects. Have the
ability to troubleshoot process problems of medium complexity along
with writing procedures and processes for standard field service
activities. Travel of 25-75% for both domestic and international
locations may be required
Bachelor degree from an accredited college in electrical engineering /
electronics technology or Associates degree in electronics / electromechanical
with 8 years of semiconductor fabrication maintenance
experience In ALD, PECVD, EPI, Diffusion or Implant.
6-8 years field service / customer support background and/or 6-8 years
manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of semiconductor
capital equipment. Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a
plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced
plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers,
robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and
Maintain strong organizational and leadership skills.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electronic / electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at ASM’s global customer locations. Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first mentality. Be capable of working completely independent of supervision on highly complex problems while meeting project/task timelines, objectives and goals. Have the ability to develop action plans for problem resolution and present to internal and external customers. Develop improvements for processes, hardware and software for continuous improvement of ASM equipment / business operations. Coach / mentor lower level FSE’s to higher level skill sets.. Have the ability to assist in customer escalations and manage beta-site projects. Have the ability to troubleshoot process problems of medium complexity along with writing procedures and processes for standard field service activities. Travel of 25-75% for both domestic and international locations may be required
Bachelor degree from an accredited college in electrical engineering / electronics technology or Associates degree in electronics / electro-mechanical with 8 years of semiconductor fabrication maintenance experience In ALD, PECVD, EPI, Diffusion or Implant.
6-8 years field service / customer support background and/or 6-8 years manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of semiconductor capital equipment. Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
Senior Field Process Engineer – Key Account
North America – Oregon - Hillsboro
ASM International N.V. is a leading supplier of semiconductor process equipment. The company possesses a strong technological base, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, a competent and qualified workforce and a highly trained, strategically distributed customer support network worldwide.
As a member of the Key Account organization of the Global Sales and Services business unit, the Field Process Engineer is the on-site process application expert to support the customer in expanding ASM film opportunities on our installed products. In this role, he/she drives the process development projects and new product introductions with the customer. The Process Engineer is a technical bridge between the customer process development teams and the Business Unit.
Accountability in this role is critical. The Field Process Engineer is a key customer interface and must demonstrate responsibility, authority, and proper communication when interacting with the customer at all times. Delivering customer satisfaction is a key objective of this role.
Two to four year college or vocational degree in mechanical engineering preferred. A strong understanding of algebra, geometry and trigonometry is required.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems, with a minimum of 1 year working experience with Pro/ENGINEER software (Wildfire 4.0/Creo 3.0). Requires specific experience relative to company's immediate need in mechanical design.
Requires strong procedural and math skills. Good understanding of ASME Y14.5 (Dimensioning and Tolerancing), capable of product tolerance studies. Strong understanding of manufacturing processes, procedures, materials and techniques, including manufacturability concerns for each part designed. The ability to read and understand difficult instructions and maintain written records is essential. Excellent functional understanding of AutoCAD (2016) and Pro/ENGINEER (Wildfire 4.0/Creo 3.0) software.
General Job Description
Responsible for designing and detailing the documentation required for the manufacture of ASM America products, preparing complete production detail drawings / bills of materials and contributing design modifications to improve the quality of products and/or facilitate manufacturing operations. Involves computer aided drafting of mechanical and electrical sub-assemblies with complex parts using Pro/ENGINEER software on a PC based computer system, with the highest degree of accuracy, cost-effectiveness and with the highest quality of design.
• Experience in supply chain or operations Responsible for driving sourcing strategies,
cost reductions and Business Unit alignment for new products.
• Will be focal for engineering and Business Unit for assigned products and must be able to manage
across multiple functional groups to achieve common goals.
• Must be able to break down and report on detailed costed Bills of Materials, align supply chain
strategies with Commodity Teams and align manufacturing strategies with Global Operations
Responsible for Supplier Selection to match the quality, delivery and cost goals
• Must be detailed oriented, have strong communication skills and be able to take initiative
• Semiconductor capital equipment experience is a plus.
• Performs opportunity analysis to identify projects that will deliver significant cost savings and value
• Makes financial and risk assessments for critical suppliers.
• Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance or other related fields
• MBA preferred
• APICS Certification, Lean Six Sigma Training, Negotiation certification or other Supply Chain related
programs a plus.
• Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience in a similar position.
• Experience in a Global work setting is preferable.
• Experience managing people or programs
• Semiconductor, capital equipment or related industry experience preferred
Minimum of an Associate Degree from an accredited school in electronics / electro - mechanical discipline or equivalent military technical training
1 year field service / customer support experience and/or 1 year manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of semiconductor capital equipment. Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
Basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electromechanical systems.
Ability to work with hand tools
Working knowledge of Oscilloscope’s and DVM’s
Strong positive attitude with good customer service skills
Clear and concise (English) verbal and written communications
Knowledge of structured problem solving techniques
Working software knowledge of MS office
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to work alone and/or with limited supervision
Be able to interpret electronic / electro-mechanical schematics and drawings
Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electronic / electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at ASM’s global customer locations. Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast, quality responses to internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first mentality. Travel of 25-75% for both domestic and international locations may be required.
ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing. We deliver innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We are a dynamic, growing company and provide ground breaking solutions that are helping to make semiconductor devices smaller, faster and more powerful. ASM International NV is headquartered in the Netherlands. Our over 1,700 employees are based in 14 countries, including the United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. We benefit from this diverse perspective and the advantages of bringing together the best brains in the world to create new breakthroughs, turning today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities.
College or equivalent, Trade School preferred.
Metrology Process Development Engineer
We are seeking an R&D Metrology Process Development Engineer to join our dynamic materials development labs. Successful candidates will have a strong understanding of materials characterization equipment and methods, be self-motivated, hands-on, and a resourceful problem-solver. You will work closely with ALD and Epi process engineers to both develop and optimize the deposition of next generation materials for the semiconductor industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Successful candidates for this position will have:
M.S. degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or related discipline, Ph.D. preferred.
Job Ttitle： Manager, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
Working Location： Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Report to： Director, Global EHS/Corporate Social Responsibility
BS/MS in Health & Safety Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related degree.
EHS Manager Responsibilities
The position is responsible for the management of ASM Phoenix’s Environmental, Safety and Health (EHS) programs. Responsibilities include:
ASM is looking for a Process Engineer to join our Vertical Furnace team in Phoenix, AZ. As part of your onboarding and training, during your first year of employment you will spend four months in Leuven, Belgium.
You must be a self-starter with the ability to take on a wide range of moderately complex assignments in which you will need to interface with other organizations on new product updates to ensure a smooth transition of the product into the manufacturing cycle. This mean working with a global, cross-functional team utilizing excellent communication skills.
Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; recommends product and process improvements.
Develops strategy for project execution.
Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; requires innovative thinking.
Explains logically the thinking process chosen, communicates complex ideas, and persuades others
PhD degree is required in the following disciplines: EE, MSE, Ch.E, Chemistry, Physics
Provide regional leadership for ASM’s Supplier Quality Engineering organization.
Leading and developing the processes, methods, and organization to support our global supply chain. Driving quality in the ASM Supply Chain through highly skilled Supplier Quality Engineers to provide quality assurance meeting customer expectations and aligned with Quality Management Systems and Quality Policies.
Global Trade Compliance Manager Job Description
This role will give you the opportunity to be part of ASM Global Trade Compliance team that has the responsibilities to ensuring ASM global businesses are conducted in compliance with the various international export control laws and regulations, sanctions and customs regulations. Therefore, you will actively participate in developing the trade compliance strategies, policies and procedures, assign the proper classification to ASM products and provide trade compliance guidance and trainings to increase the compliance awareness within the organization.
In this role, you will report to the Global trade Compliance Senior Manager. This role falls under the Legal department.
The position will be based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Required Education and Experience:
Value Engineer responsible for qualification of alternate sourcing and CIP development for ASM Legacy equipment.
A Project manager to understand complex project objectives, generate project documentation, build stakeholder team(s) in loosely defined cross functional activities to produce cooperative and collaborative efforts to drive and close specific projects on time and budget. Cross functional team members include Safety, Quality, Engineering and Procurement.
Provide value, teamwork and specific data through ASM existing SOP’s to drive quality, and improve global performance while provide solutions and BKM’s.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science required.
5 years experience in a CIP / engineering environment in mechanical or semiconductor industry; focusing on surface technology and clean solutions
3 years experience in managing complex multi-functional projects
ASM is a growing company in the dynamic semiconductor industry. ASM America's corporate office and Global Training Center is located in Phoenix, AZ. We offer competitive pay and a competitive benefits package; health insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, educational assistance, fitness reimbursement and 401(k) with employer match. ASM is a public company traded on the EURONEXT stock exchange. Symbol: ASMI.
ASM America is currently seeking multidisciplinary technical support engineer (TSE) to support new product introductions (NPI) at an experienced level for our Hillsboro, OR office.
This role is an ASM equipment expert focused on diagnosing Epitaxial equipment problems at the customer site and providing recommendations or solutions to the ASM service team and our customer. The TSE will drive escalated equipment events to resolution while following ASM’s escalation protocols.
Provide value, teamwork, and specific data through ASM’s existing SOPs to drive equipment acceptance, FSE efficiency, and improve tool performance.
Become a core member of the ASM technical team in Oregon.
A Bachelor's degree in a technical field (I.e. Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering) is preferred. An ideal candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience in the semiconductor industry including deposition experience in EPI, ALD, PEALD, and/or CVD. 5 years’ experience with ASM specific toolsets is preferred.
A formal degree may be substituted with equivalent technical training.
BS Degree and Prefer higher educations, Material Science, Electrical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent
3 – 10 years in Semiconductor or related industry
The position is responsible for product management & technical marketing activities. Responsibilities includes,
Independently determine and develop solutions to a wide range of problems involved in system definition and configuration. This requires frequent inter-organizational communication and occasional outside customer contacts.
Minimum five years’ experience in product structure/configuration, specification and documentation of complex high level manufacturing equipment, preferably in the semiconductor industry. Ideally, this would encompass both the creation of a unique product structure for new equipment and the maintenance of a coherent structure for mature products or an equivalent combination of education and experience for which comparable knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved.
You will part of a team which is developing the next generation software for machine control combining the latest design principles, robotics, machine learning, big data, UI design and algorithms.
Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Manage software engineering team, projects, priority and resource management
Run agile/scrum meetings
MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field plus 7-10 years
Software development lead experience of at least 5 years
Software development experience in C / C++
Experience working with two or more from the following: software for machine control, Semiconductor Factory Automation (SEMI SECS/GEM), Equipment Data Acquisition (SEMI EDA / Interface A), Multi-threaded applications, real-time software, device drivers or other interrupt driven software
Experience with other programming languages preferred: C#, Delphi (Pascal)
BS degree in Computer Science with a minor in engineering, science or mathematics and 7 years of experience is preferred. An MS degree in Computer science and 4 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in engineering along with either a minor or equivalent in Computer Science and experience 4 years experience is required.
New College Graduate with software development skills (some industry expereince will be preferred)
Proficiency in C/C++
Knowledge of programming tools such as text editors, debuggers, application builders and configuration management tools.
Ability to read code and understand the functionality implemented and the ability to translate the functionality into another piece of software
Ability to understand the system ‘big picture’ and how new functionality fits into that system
Excellent communication skills to discuss with engineering groups to determine the true software requirements
Comprehend software documentation including specification and design documents, communication interface specific and API descriptions
Knowledge of Semiconductor standards is preferred
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The position involves delivering software that has immediate, tangible results visible in the operation of semiconductor processing equipment hardware. The hardware includes robotics, gas valves, temperature controllers and other hardware. The engineer will work with other software engineers, engineers from other departments, and other ASM personnel. He will be required to use his experience and judgment to provide software system engineering solutions. The engineer will work independently or as a team member on software development efforts. The senior software engineer may act as a mentor for newly hired software engineers.
Evaluating new software and hardware tools for possible department use
Author and review policies, procedures and work instructions
Description of the activities:
Required knowledge/capability / Technical Skills:
Provide EHS and product safety engineering support services focusing on Industrial Hygiene and Tracer Gas assessments. Travel internationally in support of all of ASM’s engineering and manufacturing operations. Work closely with a global EHS and Product Safety organization to drive and continuously improve ASM’s Industrial Hygiene programs.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, Biology, Safety, or related field
10+ years’ experience of semiconductor industry and industrial equipment safety standards (i.e. SEMI S2, Machinery Directive)
10+ years’ experience in conducting industrial hygiene assessment of semiconductor equipment including monitoring for chemical exposure following NIOSH/OSHA integrated methods, real time sampling for UV/IR exposure, performing noise and Rf assessments
10+ years’ experience conducting Tracer Gas evaluations of semiconductor equipment in accordance with SEMI S6
Additional / Desirable:
Engineering cross-discipline experienced preferred
10+ years’ experience in product safety engineering compliance within the semiconductor industry
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
Senior Process Development Engineer
(This position will be based in Boise, ID)
ASM International N.V. is a leading supplier of semiconductor process equipment. The Company possesses a strong technological base, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, a competent and qualified workforce and a highly trained, strategically distributed support network worldwide. As a member of the Key-Account organization of the Global Sales and Services business unit, the Key Account Process Development engineer is the on-site process application expert to expand opportunities on ASM’s installed products. In this role, he/she is driving the process development projects and is the bridge between the customer process development teams and the business unit. During the transfer of the technology to the production fabs, the process engineer will ensure all the best-known-methods (BKM’s) are transferred ensuring a smooth transition. In case of systems down situations, you will work in the escalation process with the local FSE team to solve the problem as soon as possible.
Main tasks of a Process Development Engineer
On site process development
New Product Introduction (NPI), ramp to HVM production
Due to the international nature of this function you can develop yourself as a technical expert with excellent communication and management skills. Within this job you are involved in many ASM departments. This will create an excellent steppingstone for further career opportunities at ASM, like (R&D) Management, Project Management, and Technical Account Management.
Functional Knowledge & Skills
We are looking for a talented Process Engineer to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Key Account Technologist is the ASM product expert who supports extensive customer and internal company contacts for coordinating the introduction of new products, product improvements, and product modifications. This includes leading projects/programs supporting these activities. The focus of this job is on managing all the technical account aspects of the customers in the assigned region.
Written and verbal communication skills including excellent presentation skills required. Analytical thought and analysis abilities are needed to function in this position. Manage multiple conflicting priorities towards the local account teams and within ASMA in support of introducing new equipment at the involved customer(s). Computer literacy is required.
Bachelor’s degree (or above) in chemical engineering, physics, or material science.
5+ years (3+ years for master degree, or fresh Ph.D.) experience in the semiconductor wafer processing or capital equipment industry. Related work experience can include process engineering and technical marketing. Direct experience with silicon wafer processing is a benefit or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and ability have been achieved.
MS degree in mechanical engineering or related degree(s) preferred.
· Experience in the engineering and design of complex mechanical systems including: motion controls, gas, pneumatics, water, and vacuum systems, handling systems, and product packaging.
· Management in the semiconductor industry is a PLUS.
· Technical/engineering management experience.
· Demonstrated experience in design, development and integration of system level mechanical features and functions, including configuration control aspects.
· Able to direct/work with a diverse group of people to achieve requirements and specifications on complex projects.
· Ability to create, check, review and analyze mechanical and electrical designs, test procedures and equipment specifications.
· Capability to manage resource schedules/planning/coordinating and reporting activities. This includes interfacing with other organizations and outside vendors.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to present design concepts to management and peers in a professional and effective manner.
· Ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining a team player attitude.
· Self-confident yet humble, with a high degree of integrity.
· An intense desire for success, with an ability to learn and improve from past mistakes
· Strong technical management skills
· Strong team motivation and leadership skills
· Understanding of materials: metals, plastics, quartz, heat transfer, surface coatings and surface finishes.
· Computer background in Microsoft applications Pro/ENGINEER, ANSYS and AutoCAD.
· Knowledge of mechanical design and drafting best practices and ANSI Y14.5, including geometric tolerances
General Job Description
· Lead Engineering (mechanical, electrical, systems) team responsible for developing and/or making improvements to semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
· Demonstrated subject matter expertise by managing the creation and execution of continuous improvement projects to enhance the reliability and lower the cost of existing platform systems.
· Provide technical guidance to team, manage resource loading, and maintaining schedules for all engineering projects.
· Drive engineering projects from conception through engineering release utilizing ECO release processes.
· Represent the engineering team on technical projects and programs. Regularly, prepare and deliver technical project presentations and status to management and directly to customers
· Exhibit a self-starter personality with the ability to take on a wide range of technically challenging projects.
· Review and create internal technical specifications, customer technical specifications, industry standards and regulations/standards.
· Evaluate engineering calculations and designs for mechanical, stress, thermal, mechanical, tolerances and fluid dynamics problems.
· Set group and individual goals and objectives, and periodically review performance vs objectives.
6-8 years field service / customer support background and/or 6-8 years manufacturing experience preferrably in EPI (Intrepid, 8300, 8200). Experience in CVD, ALD, PEALD also considered. KnowledgeKnowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
Basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electromechanical systems
Strong positive attitude with excellent customer service skills