SONORA® 300MM VERTICAL FURNACE
SONORA is named after the blossoming Sonoran desert near Phoenix, Arizona. The look and feel of the SONORA system reflects the colors of the Saturn rockets from the Space Age - a time when semiconductor technology was given a huge boost. It is also the era that gave birth to ASM, and so the SONORA® color scheme creates a link to ASM’s more than 50-year legacy in semiconductor processing equipment.
- Highest productivity and lowest cost of ownership in its class
- Dual reactor, dual boat configuration in a compact footprint
- Large batch size up to 150 wafers
- Innovative gas injection system for low pressure processing provides the best within wafer uniformities throughout the entire large batch
- Process compatibility with existing ASM A412™ furnaces (>1000 shipped), for easy recipe transfer and new tool qualification
- LPCVD doped Si, SiN, TEOS
- Diffusion, Oxidation, Wet oxidation, Anneal, Cure
- Batch ALD metal oxides, metal nitrides, SiO, SiN
SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENTS FROM PREDECESSOR A412, INCLUDING:
- Up to 30% more productivity, with a reduced footprint
- >2X faster wafer cycle time
- Increased reliability, better repeatability, improved ease of use
- ~50% faster installation time
SONORA PRODUCTIVITY AND SERVICEABILITY BENEFITS:
- Novel system architecture that optimizes floor space productivity as well as service area.
- Dedicated process modules with individually controlled high purity mini-environments.
- Up to 30% productivity increase due to larger process wafer load sizes combined with an updated control system, new robots, faster wafer cooldown, faster boat exchange modules.
- Large FOUP stocker for continuous processing.
- Higher productivity also results in lower energy and chemical usage per wafer.
- Design for serviceability leading to better access for all maintenance activities.
SONORA CONTROLS BENEFITS:
- Interactive Graphical User Interface for fast tool learning
- Predictive maintenance by advanced control diagnostics
- Advanced High- and Low-Level tool diagnostics
- Large touch screen
- Supervisor Remote GUI